Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Kickin' and Bustin' Balls

After we ate, A Woman Like That and Benjie told me that there was a group of people playing kickball at an elementary school. It sounded like fun. I had heard another sister talk about it and I'd heard Sporty Nice talk about it before she moved. So I changed clothes and headed up there.

I totally didn't expect to only know 3 people. I thought it would be a group from our congregation. Uh, no. When I got there, there were only 2 people from my congregation there. (There? There.) The third person I knew was a girl from my last congregation who has moved up here to live with her sister and brother-in-law.

Eventually, my friends showed up. I watched for a while before I decided to join in the fun. I had a headache and wasn't sure I could handle it. But it did look like fun and most importantly, they really didn't look like they were taking it too seriously. I played a couple of innings (I guess they're called innings in kickball) before the ball actually busted. Someone kicked it and it just popped. I never got to kick. Oh well.

As soon as the ball busted, the guys whipped out a football. I figured the fun for the girls was over. But no at least three girls played football with the guys. They even asked me to play. I couldn't tell you the last time someone asked me to play football. All the guys I know want to play only with guys. There may be one or two really good girls that they will let join a game of touch or flag. But they never want me to play. I still couldn't bring myself to play, but after the game broke up, I went out there to toss the ball around with my friends. It was fun. And really really nice to know that I wasn't being judged as a fat worthless piece of crap.

I did shoot a photo of one of the girls on the phone while the guys were huddling. But I must not have saved it because I can't find it now. That makes me sad. It was funny, but I guess the photo wasn't good enough. Duh! I took it with my real camera. I will have to post it later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. uh, Mehsha and I agree!! Yay!!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell her!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home