Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

People are stabby today

So, I live in a "red" state.  I work in a "red" office.  There's maybe two people working here who voted "blue" yesterday.  (I, of course, didn't vote at all.)  It's really funny to sit in my office and listen to the conversations going on around me.  I admit, it's more difficult than I imagined to not get involved.  Not because I want to defend one person or another, but because I'm such a stickler for facts.  There are so many things being said that just don't seem to be true.  But I am being good.  I'm just sitting here and letting them have their conversations. 

Because the "facts" that I want to correct are human based.  They're things I've heard or read from human news agencies.  Who knows what kind of spin was put on these "facts?"  And even if they are true, they're not based in genuine reality.

The real "fact" is that it doesn't matter which human is in control of the government.  I know what the "real" future holds.  That's the real "facts" that people need to hear.  This is all a fantastic distraction, but that's all it is.  It's the band still playing while the Titanic is sinking.  It's nice music, but don't let it keep you from getting into the lifeboats.  And this time, there are plenty of lifeboats for all who want to get in...just don't get caught listening to the pretty music.  Grab someone's hand and yank them towards the lifeboat with you.

1 Thes 5:1-3




Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home