Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Good memories

I know I've told stories before about World Party and how cool their shows are.  But I had a quick flash of a great memory today that I want to share (again).  I was listening to my iPod in the office.  The album Goodbye Jumbo was playing.  At the beginning notes of "Sweet Soul Dream," I had a warm fuzzy feeling wash over me.  I had to chase the elusive memory, but it came to me. 

When T and I saw World Party the first time at The Roxy, we were front and center.  When Karl started playing "Sweet Soul Dream," I got a huge smile on my face and sang that line "sweet soul dream" over the opening notes.  Karl happened to be looking right at me when I did that and got a big smile on his face.  I'm sure that my face was just beaming with pure joy.  Imagine how that made him feel to know that something he created gave a complete stranger so much joy.  He couldn't help but smile.

Anyway, that's not the "connection" moment between Karl and me that I usually tell, but it happened and it made me smile when I remembered it today.

[and now a word from our sponsors...]


The i'm Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home