Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rain, How I Do Love Thee

I don't know how to explain my love of rain.  It's like an inbred knee-jerk reaction, but in a good way.  My mama grew up in a little country town.  The roof of their house was made of tin.  She grew up loving the sound of rain on a tin roof.  So every time we had rain, particularly "bad" thunderstorms, Mama would get sentimental and joyous over the sound of the rain.  Even though I never grew up with a tin roof, I grew up thinking that rain storms were a fabulous thing.  I was never scared of thunder or lightning. 

There just are no words to describe how much I love rain and thunderstorms.  There's one going on right now.  I feel soothed and comforted by the sound of the rain hitting my office window.  I want to go stand at my window and just stare out at the rain coming down in the ugly parking lot. 

Some day I'll be able to capture my feelings about rain in a photograph.

[and now a word from our sponsors...]



PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's what I was going to say, T.

Lovely sentiment. Especially the thought of your mother being joyous over the rain.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home