Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Retraction...sorta

So after telling several people about the new Secretary General's religious preference, I looked back on wikipedia to confirm the news.  Today, the parts about his religious affiliation are gone.  I looked through the discussion on why they were removed.  The information came from only one source, a website called AsiaWeek.  AsiaWeek sounds like a credible source, but it reports news about religion in Asia.  So there is no guarantee that they have high journalistic standards.  I did find one other article making the same claim.  But that was on a site that's supposed to give news on Britons in Israel.  While that article cited most of its facts, there was no source for the religious affiliation claim.  However, the Briton-Israel site used very similar wording to the original AsiaWeek article, so I'm thinking that is the initial source.

So until further clarification hits legitimate news sources, I guess we shouldn't rely upon this information.  Sorry about the confusion.



Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

BUT MY PEANUT!?! And I could almost kinda think about what it tasted like...

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home