Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sing It, Moby

So, we've discussed how my favorite website is "Psychology Today."  Well, today they have a link to an interview of Moby (the hip musician, not the doofy local radio DJ).  He has a few songs that I like, but I'm not addicted to him.  He's a vegetarian and I'm so not.  He likes to play Scrabble and so does someone else you know.  He's got a blog where he reveals lots of inner secrets; I've got a blog where I entertain you with shallow stories, revealing as little of myself as possible.  He has very little in his apartment; I'm a pack rat.  But while answering the final question of the interview, Moby gave a quote that I heartily endorse.  (This also reminds me of T.)

Your apartment is pretty bare. Is that a conscious effort?
I don't like things very much. I like being surrounded by a space that I think is really beautiful. There's no one thing I could have that's as beautiful as sun coming in through skylights against a nice brick wall.

Someone get him a butter book, he seems like he could appreciate the simple truths of life.


Try the new Live Search today! Check it out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, cool. Cool quote, even cooler that it made you think of me.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

Butter book... I'm taking that. It sounds better than the dumbed down "Bible teach." It's so grammatically incorrect.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Our PO's wife came up with that name. She could never think of the other name. All she could think is that it was the color of butter. Now everyone in our cong. calls it that, even at the literature counter.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home