Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Helping me not be so nutters

I have customized my Google homepage to show links and articles from various websites.  There are three columns.  The left column lists: TV Recaps from EW, a search box for Wikipedia (which I always forget is there and just go straight to Wiki), the local weather forecast, and my bookmarks at Del.icio.us (which I also never use, but it's a techno-hipster thing).  The middle column lists: Reuters "Oddly Enough" news, Top News Stories, and new stuff from Homestar Runner.  The right column lists: Articles from "Psychology Today", top "DIGG"s, ZDNet News, and CNET News.

So which one do I click through on the most?  (Well, besides the TV recaps 'cause you know I'm a TV freak, right?)  The "Psychology Today" links.  The articles are short and facinating.  I used to get a magazine called "Going Bonkers."  It was a type of "Reader's Digest" for the psychology industry - you know, it reprinted interesting articles from other publications.  Just a couple of years after I found it (and became addicted to it), it completely changed to a magazine for pet owners.  Tawhabbawho?  I have no idea what caused the format shift, but it has never been a good magazine since.  In fact, I think it has been out of print for a while now. 

Anyway, today I finally decided that I click through enough on this website that I may as well check out the real magazine.  I ordered a subscription.  I could probably have just tried to bum them off of P. June, but it was less than $16 for a year's worth of magazines (they're bi-monthly).  So I can't wait to get my first issue and tell you all what's wrong with me, I mean, you, I mean, them ... those people.



Share your special moments by uploading 500 photos per month to Windows Live Spaces Share it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Escalante said...

I stopped reading those magazines when they come in to the office. For a while it was really interesting - but then I started convincing myself that everything was wrong with me.

There such a thing as TOO much psycho-analyzing!

Plus, my current doc doesn't get any of the good ones.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home