Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Let's Go to the Movies!

There are several new movies coming out that I really want to see.  Here's a listing:
  • All the King's Men - Sean Penn, Jude Law and Anthony Hopkins.  How can it be bad?
  • Flyboys - James Franco as a WWI pilot.  I'm so there.
  • School for Scoundrels - Billy Bob Thornton teaches Napolean Dynamite how to "be a man."
  • The Guardian - Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner bring us "Top Gun" set in the Coast Guard.
  • Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles - I think I've already missed the theatrical release of this movie.  It's by my favorite Chinese director - Zhang Yimou.  He did a lot of great character dramas in the 90s, then made a couple of martial arts flicks.  This film marked his return to character driven drama.  I guess I have to wait for it to come to DVD.
  • Goal! - The fabulous soccer movie that went straight to DVD because Americans are stupid.  I will hopefully see this movie this weekend.



Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces Try it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I'm with you on All the King's Men... that was a book first, and one of the best 100 on the famous list. I think it's ranked in the mid-30's. School for Scoundrels looks funny.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

School for Scoundrels and the Chinese movie I'd like to see. I don't think I could live with myself if I actually paid to see a movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

I have to object strongly. Everything I've heard and read about Ashton makes it seem like he is very smart. He rose to fame playing a stupid character on That 70's Show. But that show is very witty so he was smart to take any role on it. I can't say I agree with his choice to be in "Dude Where's My Car?" But I've seen him in some pretty cool movies, "The Butterfly Effect" topping that list. It's very dark, but it is a really intelligent movie. Plus he had the brains to become a producer at a VERY young age with "Punk'd." Yeah, I'm actually very impressed with Ashton Kutcher.

To top it all off, he was very close to a sick brother who died when they were teenagers.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

Somebody watches "Driven"... Any former model turned actor has my heart. Tom Welling has limited talent, but a whole lotta looks.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home