Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Orlando Update

I arrived in Orlando Tuesday morning. My B-i-L picked me up. I felt bad because it was so early, but he didn't seem to mind. I immediately went with my sister to drop off her kids at school. I got out at the Pink Princess' school. I got to see her room with all the "fun stations" in it.

The babies took a little bit of time to warm up to me. The boy is such a Mama's boy. He freaks if she goes out a door and leaves him behind. I wonder when he'll grow out of that. The girl doesn't like to be loved on too much. But I just love being with all of them.

I don't ever do much when I go see them, their household must keep on running. There's housework, school and homework. We went to the meeting and out in service. After service we ate lunch at a cool little cafe. I enjoyed meeting the two sisters we worked with.

then we went over to the beach twice to see the shuttle launch, but you already knew about that. I took photos (which have been dropped off). The only two photos I have for you are one of the cloud trail the shuttle left in the sky and one of a cow. I have this thing about taking photos of cows. I think they're adorable. I was blown away that on the way to the beach in Florida, all we pass are cattle ranches - not exactly what I'm used to.




My flight home was supposed to leave at 6:50. The generator failed after we backed away from the gate - everything went black. We didn't leave until after 9:00. I got home around midnight. Spaceba bolshoye to The Polyglot and I Dunno for picking me up at MARTA.

3 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

If you like taking pictures of cows, you HAVE to come out here. There are cows around every corner...and llamas, alpacas, pigs, sheet, goats, buffalo (no joke- they make this hilarious noise!). You really will have to visit after we move.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

Actually, we have sheep not "sheet"

10:19 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Trust me, if you have "sheep," you have a lot of "sheet," too. In Ireland, it's yellow.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home