Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Day 10

The three men who run this new company are collectively called "the guys."  The man who hired me has a meeting scheduled with them this morning to demo some new software.  He has not yet decided if he is going to include me in that meeting.  Friday is "jeans" day here.  But since there is a chance that I will meet "the guys," I did not wear jeans.  From what I've heard about them, I could have.  But I'm just too old-school.  I mean, I know better than to wear a skirt, but I'm not wearing jeans, either.

On a different note, some old readers will remember me refering to a woman who used to work at my old office as "the devil."  No?  Well, I thought of her that way even if I never blogged about her as such.  I just got confirmation that she did actually hate me.  Her right-hand woman (who didn't care for her very much, but played her game anyway) knew that she hated me.  So when the right-hand woman wanted to get back at "the devil," she would say something nice about me.  Part of me is annoyed that anyone would actually hate me.  But most of me thinks of it as proof that I am absolutely nothing like "the devil."  And it's not just me who thought of her that way...her "peers" gathered in her office the day she was laid off to sing "ding dong, the witch is dead." 



Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces Try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home