Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Late Update

Friday night was lovely fun at Paper Towel Lover's house.  Tacos and Taboo.  And lots of people who won't remember they've met me next time I see them.  Oh well.

Saturday was service - a full two hours!  (That's quite a feat for my bookstudy group.)  Then DJ Kim Chi and I ate dinner at the Turkish place.  The belly dancer was better this time, but she was a little creepy.  DJ Kim Chi was nice enough to tip her at the beginning of the dance and then she wouldn't leave.  She was gyrating right there in our faces and it was very difficult to carry on a conversation.  Icky.  But DJ Kim Chi proved to be great company.  I am always a little nervous at the thought of spending time alone with someone.  I am not very good at small talk.  I didn't need to worry at all with her.  She

After the meeting on Sunday, Mama wanted to go out to eat.  Daddy was out of town, so she didn't want to just go home to an empty house.  That meant I had to walk around begging people to include us in their plans.  It's not an exercise I enjoy, I don't like to beg people to be nice to me.  But it was for Mama's sake, so I swallowed my pride.  The last couple in the hall took pity on us.  We had a nice time, but I did feel a little bit like we were intruding.  At least I am confident that people like Mama, so that helped a little.

I ended the evening by hanging out with Bridget Jones.  She asked several of us to hang out with her and I was the only one who took her up on the offer.  I really like that Bridget Jones.  She's a hoot.  We watched "Tristan and Isolde."  It was OK - lots of fighting.

The new CO is here this week.  I went out in service yesterday - all day.  It was long and hot.  Isn't this October fer cryin' out loud?

The Doctor fixed lunch for the CO and his wife.  It was nice.

Coming up... Martinis and IMAX this Friday.  Not many people from my side of town are coming.  But it looks like a few key cool people from the Southside are coming.  I will probably do it again next week because so many from around here want to go and have said that next week works better.  But they could be lying.  We'll see.  :-)



Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! Try it now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

I've forgotten who so many of these people are now... it's sad that I feel so out of the blogging world.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Paper Towel Lover is Kimi's old roommate who I don't think you've met.

DJ Kim Chi is a new addition to the blog, I doubt you've met her.

The Doctor is my sister.

Bridget Jones is an adorable sister in my congregation who used to be called Mandy Moore. I don't know if you've met her.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home