Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Resume Blues

I hate updating my resume. How do you tell someone what you've been doing for the last 11 years in two pages of bullet points? I know this is why you also have face to face interviews. But still, the whole process is incredibly painful.

So I have my first interview this morning at 10. I'm not nervous about the interview. The man I'm meeting with already has a decent understanding of my skills based on the fact that we used to work together and that my old boss and a woman from the software company both recommended me.

Anyway, I'll try to let you know how it went soon afterwards.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Escalante said...

Things I shouldn't do...

wish you luck

keep my fingers crossed

tell you to break a leg

... but you get the idea.

:-)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

That sounds like my mom's last interview. She works under the same boss from her last job at the accounting firm that did the last business' taxes she worked at. Did everybody get that?
Anyway, I hope things go the way you want them to go...which ever way that is.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well!

I hate resumes too. I just thought that was because mine isn't all that impressive but now i know it's a widespread affliction, even of those who have impressive things to record..

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I detest updating my resume. Painful is a great way of describing that task!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home