Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Dumb Website, Great Image

I found a website with a fairly interesting concept...if it worked. The theory is that they show you two images and you click on the one that appeals to you. They keep popping up random combinations of images until they have "learned" about you. Always interested to know more about myself, I gave it a whirl. I clicked on my preferred images for a couple of minutes (that's a lot of images) only to be told that I was a religious man. That's all they had gleaned from two minutes worth of me clicking away - and they got half of it wrong.

However, they did present me with one set of choices that was simply hilarious. I captured the set of images and will now show it to you. (The whole image is a link to the dumb website. Maybe your choices will make you more knowable.)

I mean, come on, how can you choose between David Hasslehoff and The King?

6 Comments:

Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

I played again for a little while. It told me that I employ logic (yes) and am right handed (no).

Is this thing totally wrong or am I completely screwed up?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

It told me I am a religious male with a relatively clean desk that also employs logic and enjoys technology, that I enjoy people and would rather speak in front of a large crowd than have a tooth pulled. It also said I was over fifty.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

I'm not done playing with it, but so far it's thought I was a fairly wealthy man that's a morning person and acts before thinking. This is the most laughing I've done since...wait, lunch.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

It got less things about me wrong today, but I got more of a variety of pictures. Oh and I did get a picture of a "thickly settled" sign. I laughed. I don't think it could have told me that.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I broke LikeBetter. It seems that it recognizes left/right patterns, i.e. how often and at what intervals you choose the left or right pictures, and if you pick a previously picked one if it is on the opposite side. Seems to be in relation to left and right brain. I did 100 left, 50 right, and 30 alternating, with no results. When actually 'playing' I'll get results after no more than twenty picks.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home