Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Fed-UP!

I know this sounds petty, but I'm going to shout it from the rooftops anyway.

DON'T EVER USE FED-EX HOME DELIVERY!

My new fancy lens from Kalamazoo was sent to me through this company.  Evidently, Fed-Ex Home Delivery is a completely different company than Fed-Ex Express.  Fed-Ex is requiring a signature on this package - makes sense, it is expensive.  But every other time I've used Fed-Ex and not been home to sign for a package, I've been sent to retrieve it from the One World center that is literally three blocks from my house.  This time, because they're technically a "different company," they are telling me that I have to drive over to their "Ground Center" which is, like, 25 miles away.  I don't think so.

I called to ask them to drop it off at the One World center.  I spoke with three different people (2 levels of supervisors).  None of them would work with me.  I asked, point-blank, "So, you would rather lose a customer who receives packages literally every week than work out a solution?"  No dice.  I then threatened, "I guarantee you that I will tell every company I do business with, every week, to never, under any circumstances, use Fed-Ex to ship to me."  Again, no dice.  I hung up on the third guy while he was repeating that he didn't want to lose me, but that there was nothing he could do.

I had to call the camera store in Kalamazoo to get him to remove the signature requirement so that Fed-Ex would leave it at my door.  He's trying, but it will only work if the Fed-Ex employees are not completely inept.  Who wants to place odds on that?

You see, this probably wouldn't tick me off as badly (yeah it would), if my uncle hadn't told me stories of how his company (UPS) handles these kinds of things.  He told me about a delivery guy who missed someone during the day, returned his truck and packages, took the one package that he'd missed and delivered it on his way home because he knew the person would be home by then.  THAT! is customer service, my friends. 

[and now a word from our sponsors ... who better stinking not be Fed-Ex]



Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. Get it now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPS RULES!!!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home