Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Coindence? I think not

I typically listen to podcasts on my ipod at work when I have highly repetitive data entry tasks to perform.  It makes the day cruise by.  I didn't charge my ipod last night, but I was fairly certain that I had charge it just a couple of days ago.  My ipod battery has never given out on me while I was actively listening to it. 

... until today.  I was listening to a technology podcast.  The experts, or Cranky Geeks as they call themselves, were complaining about Apple's policies on the iphone.  Apple has a deal with AT&T, so you must use that carrier (and only that carrier) if you want to use the iphone.  You are limited to only two iphones per customer.  You cannot purchase an iphone with cash - Apple wants to be able to track your purchase through credit card records.  Anyway, right in the middle of the all the Cranky Geeks ranting about these Big Brother-like restrictions, my ipod battery quit on me. 

I believe that Apple has a filter in their ipod.  When a recording playing on the device goes over a certain allowable tolerance of criticism, the device shuts down.  Sneaky.

[and now a word from our sponsors...Microsoft - so take that!]



Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home