Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An Open Discussion

Book Reader said that she's had many discussions with The Couple Too Cool To Name about who should wear seersucker. She recommended that we open a dialog about it.

I would rather open a dialog to settle on some names for this particular couple. I've been kicking around a name for him for a while that I think I really like. But I just can't come up with a single name to embody all that she is.

So I would like to call him: I Heart Kids. Imagine it as a bumper sticker on his G-Wagon. See, that got you laughin'.

But what about her? I asked Google who the coolest person was. I was led to a similar question on Yahoo Answers. Someone answered Strongbad. So that got me thinking...Marzipan? Watch her character intro before you reject the name.

Or there's always Leather Tuscadero, a hip motocycle riding, reform school girl from "Happy Days." (I think Leather is cooler name, but Pinky Tuscadero was actually one of Fonzie's old girlfriends.)

What do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Well, Seersucker can only be worn by LAWYERS, more specifically, lawyers alive in the mid-19th to very early 20th centuries. This means that nobody should be wearing seersucker, but that's not true. Certain people can wear it, but not me.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

There is no one name for the couple too cool for a name. They're just awesome.

Old men can wear seersucker...like my papa. Requirements: half your memory, over sixty, and the pants of the suit must NOT cover the ankles.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Originally, in the eighteenth century, seersucker was striped Indian cotton, the stripes being the identifying feature. You can tell that from the original name, the Persian shir o shakar, literally “milk and sugar”, in reference to what we would now call its candy stripes.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ao, you may need your eyes checked. His pants do cover his ankles.
Why is there a handicap symbol next to the word verification box? Is that a judgment?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home