Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Well, Duh

According to this article, women have finally said that they prefer technology to luxury items, designer items or travel.

They asked if women would prefer a large screen plasma TV over a diamond necklace, a pair of designer shoes or a weekend in Florida. The TV beat each of the other choices.

Let me break this down for them:

1. Diamond necklace. Did it come with earrings? It doesn't look like it. So what am I supposed to wear it with? The silver hoops I bought at Target? A necklace is worthless without the earrings.

2. Designer shoes. The majority of women in this country are overweight. Designer shoes look stupid on fat girls. We may like shoes, but not ones with heels so thin they look like they're going to snap under our own (considerable) weight.

3. Weekend in Florida. Where? On the Redneck Riviera? You bet I'd rather have a plasma TV. Two weeks on the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia? I can watch my 19 inch TV for a couple more years. A weekend in Florida is not exciting. It may be relaxing, but it's not necessarily memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home