Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Memories of Ireland

According to this article, a public toilet in Lahinch, Ireland is going up for sale for almost $400,000 dollars.

Ah, I remember Lahinch well.

Wait, actually, it's kinda a blur. We had just hiked/walked for about 5 hours on the Cliffs of Moher, known better to some as The Cliffs of Insanity!, so I could barely put one foot in front of the other. We were supposed to stay in the lovely little town of Limerick that evening. But we just couldn't make it. This was the only night that we just winged it and pulled into a hotel to ask for a room. Thankfully, the price was decent and the rooms were clean. Come to think of it, that turned out to be one of the best places we stayed because it had a fairly Americanized bathroom. Anyway, we had to drive through Lahinch to get to that hotel. In fact, I think it was just on the outskirts of the town. But thankfully, they did not charge us $400K to use the aforementioned cushy bathroom. However, I do remember thinking that their breakfast was pretty nasty. And come to think of it, the place didn't have much atmosphere, unless you call Convent Chic atmosphere.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I guess that's an honest-to-goodness 'throne.'

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the very idea of a town called Limerick.

Makes me happy just knowing it exists.


Work verification looks like "eek...cough".

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You remember the guy who just randomly fell down when we were parked on the corner trying to figure out where to go? I think he was skateboarding??? I just remember it being extremely funny.

And yes breakfast left something to be desired. Think it was the first time I ever saw true Irish "pudding"..Gave new meaning to Pink Floyd's "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!"

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just looked at the map link. Ah, Lisdoonvarna! Memories!

Why don't I live in Ireland, again???

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home