Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A link you all should read

This article completely explains me.  It is titled, "Field Guide: Sarcastic Masters."  I think it is funny that in the article they point out that Masters of Sarcasm are typically hiding their own feelings of inadequacy behind their stabbing wit.  All I have to say to that is, "DUH!"  You don't hone a skill like mine if your life was full of people sidling up to you begging to be your friend.  Most sarcastic people acquired their skills as a defense mechanism to either stop getting lost in the background or to stop people from making fun of them.  At least, that's how I came to be this way.  And I disagree that sarcastic people won't admit that they feel inadequate.  I admit it all the time, especially in sarcastic, witty barbs aimed at myself. 

But then again, I got my hand slapped for being a b!tch several years ago.  So, perhaps I am a little more self-aware than most.

[and now a word from our sponsors...]


Gear up for Halo® 3 and get a $25 Best Buy gift card. It's our way of saying thanks for using Windows Live™. Get it now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to read the article. I'm sure I'll see myself in it as well.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home