Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Friday, May 04, 2007

African Mailmen Suck Too

On one of the last days of our Asia trip, I sent a letter out to the African Hag, who lives in Africa.  (Go figure.)  I knew that it would probably take a while to reach her, but I wasn't sure how long.  I mailed it from Hong Kong which I thought would have a better mail system than mainland China. 

Well, just this week I was thrilled to see a letter from her in my mailbox.  Except, wait.  That's not a letter to her from me.  That's my letter to her sent from Hong Kong.

I don't know why it was returned to me.  I think I wrote the address exactly as she gave it to me.  Surely it wasn't a matter of too little postage.  If so, how did it make it all the way back to me in the States?  I do admit that I am impressed the whole return address thing worked.  Her letter was the only one I mailed from Asia on which I put my return address.  So, at least it was returned to me instead of sitting in some African Dead Letter Office.

[and now a word from our sponsors...]



Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!

4 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

Well, Poly said he sent a post card from China to us, and we never got it.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did receive mine! Those Japanese postmen are soooo efficient.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I never got the one I sent to my house either. I should've noted which postcards I sent from which places to see if a hotel just dropped the ball on the sending... We did't get ours. Bummer.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you HnB???

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home