Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Getting credit

One of the podcasts I listen to is a public radio show which discusses language - both the etymology and correct usage of words.  (I'm such a word nerd.)  About a month or so ago, one of the hosts was talking about how China is cracking down on their Chinglish signs.  China is sending out delegations all over Beijing to correct poor English translations before the Olympics come to town. 

Naturally, we saw tons of these signs in both China and Japan.  Poly took several photos.  I sent links to both my photos and Poly's photos of these Chinglish signs to the lady podcaster.  She responded to my email today.  She confirmed that she would love to post these photos on their show website, but it has not been overhauled to allow her to do that yet.  Instead, she asked permission to post a couple of the images on her personal blog as long as she credited me.  I told her to credit me or Poly using our internet handles and gave her permission to do so.  I will link to the posting if she blogs about our images. 

[and now a word from our sponsors ...]
 


Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Affable Olive said...

Engrish is still one of my favorite websites for a laugh. There and homestar runner. Grasses...hehe

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home