Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gilmore Girls

Does anyone else watch Gilmore Girls?  I know it comes on the night that we have our big meeting, but that's what DVRs are for.  They introduced a new character last season, maybe the season before that - April.  April is Luke's long lost daughter, although I'm not sure that she can be labeled "lost" since he never knew she existed.  Anyway, the girl is supposed to be 12, or at least that's how old she was when she was brought on the show.  Now I guess she's 14-15.  The actress is around that age and has grown up considerably.  The character now lives in New Mexico (the show is set in New England).  She was on the show last night and displayed a lot of changes based on her new environment and just normal growing up.

It hit me that she now really reminds me of Affie.  Her hair is not too far off what Affie's was at that age.  She has "new" glasses that look a lot like Affie's new glasses.  She loves to read, but not the kind of books that other kids her age read.  She cares about the things that are actually cool, not the things her peers tell her are cool.  And she has a way of ... rambling (sorry) that is very familiar - call it free association.

Am I alone here?

[and now a word from our sponsors...]


Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! Try it!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I found this post via a Google search on "Gilmore Girls." So please forgive me if this is a stupid question...

Who's Affie?

I was actually thinking April reminded me of a young Rory. When did that happen, with all the books and such? I mean, April has always reminded me a little of Rory. But it seems like April keeps picking up more and more Rory traits.

-TimK

4:03 PM  
Blogger Horse N. Buggy said...

Hi Tim. Affie is a personal friend and regular reader of my blog.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. So, not a stupid question. Just one asked by an outsider. Thanks, HNB. Nice meeting you, BTW. :)

-TimK

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Gilmore Girls. Been watching since season 1. And I agree with you. I have always felt fond of both the young Rory and of April... both of whom remind me muchly of our Affie.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

I don't take that the wrong way. I know I ramble in efforts to get my point across, or gather my thoughts as I'm trying to not lose my place in convo. I haven't watched the last two seasons, but I always aspired to be Rory.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home