Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Catching Up

I was working in Florida last week. How convenient that my sister and her family live near there. I was able to stay with them and see the babies (I include all her children from ages 2 - 9 in the term "babies").

We went to Disney World two Saturdays ago. My other sister and her family were down there. So that was a nice trip. See my Flickr account for a lovely "magic hour" shot of Cinderella's Castle. We thought Disney World was going to be nightmarishly busy since it was Spring Break for most of the country. But we got to ride twice as many rides as we anticipated. We took good advantage of the FastPass system. There were enough of us that if a few decided not to ride, the boys could ride two or even three times in a row using the passes that we got.

One of the best parts of the whole day is that I spent all of $10. A brother in my sister's congregation works for Disney and got me and my other sister's family in for free. How awesome.

It ended up being pretty cold that day, so we left around the time the sun was going down. There was no way I could have taken the cold to hang around for the electric parade. And I hate getting stuck in that traffic. I'm sure I'll think of more details about Disney later. I'm kinda tired now.

The next day (Easter Sunday) we had the brother who works for Disney and his wife over for dinner. She is the best friend of one of the sisters who went to China with me. So that sister and her mother came with them to my sister's house for dinner. She showed us her photos, we told stories about the trip and talked about Poly.

She said something that I later thought was funny. We were talking about how well Poly and Gameyy seem to get along even though they only met because of this trip. Then she asked if I'd known Sporty Nice before the trip. I said, "Yeah, we're friends. We're nothing alike, but we know that and are OK with it. Poly told me about the opening in the trip and I called her to see if she would want to go." So I guess Sporty Nice and I gave the impression that we weren't good friends. I don't know what to make of that. We did quite a bit apart. But I expected that - she's a very active girl while I'm a lazy butt. I was also sick for most of the trip. So unless you saw us chatting in our room, I guess you could have gotten the impression that we didn't know each other well. Oh well.

On Monday I spent time with Infectious Laughter. It was good to see her. It's been a while and I'm not sure when I'll see her again. We did absolutely nothing but sit around my sister's house. It was just like our childhood summers.

Then I worked during the week. That was OK.

I rounded out the week with a party for my niece on Saturday. It was supposed to be pony themed, but there weren't enough pony party favors/decorations. So it was and it wasn't a pony party. There were cupcakes, games, stories, prizes and lots of running around. A typical little girl party.

I got on the road early because I was worried about the weather (bad rain storms) and getting home in time for the 4:00 meeting. Around 10:15 it hit me that I could listen in to my meeting while driving. So I dialed in and only missed about the first 15 minutes of the talk. I stayed on the line for the WT study. It was nice to hear my congregation again. I've been gone for literally a month of Sundays. I felt like I'd gotten so much out of that meeting that I didn't worry about rushing off to the 4:00 meeting after getting home. Is that terrible?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not terrible at all. Welcome back :o) Hope to see you soon. I'm thinking May...

10:54 AM  
Blogger Affable Olive said...

You got most of it on the phone. They count you as attending. After driving that much, sometimes it's just impossible to turn around and go out again.
Disney... I haven't been in 8 years... a sister in my hall has invited me to go with her and her two children as her "au pair" the next time they go to Disney. I'm so ready. Plus, Andy's family goes every about two years. Next time, I get to go.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home