Me and My Imaginary Friends

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Snooty Town

OK. So in theory, I know that I've moved to a nicer area. But I have not reflected on how it's changed my life. Until this week.

Each year our office does a back to school drive. We used to just collect tons of school supplies. But last year they decided to collect backpacks complete with all the supplies that one student would need. Since our department is full of non-joiners who hate doing this kind of thing, I ended up collecting all the donation money and buying all our supplies. This year, I was "officially selected" to be my department's team leader ('cause, of course, it's a competition).

First, I'm surprised by how few people contributed to this effort. On top of that, I'm annoyed that they just assumed that I would do it all again. It's a lot of work. But of course, I just accepted the assignment.

So I remember that I spent about $22 on each complete backpack last year. I looked for sales this year and found some decent prices on backpacks at grocery stores. But the other supplies were much more difficult to come by cheaply.

Do you realize that there's not a single Big Lots, Family Dollar or Dollar General anywhere near my new house?!?! I was stunned to realize that. Where can I find my cheapo crap? I love being so close to Ross and Marshall's, but I need my cheesy stores too. I used to live within a one mile radius of a Big Lots, Family Dollar, Dollar General and a Goodwill. I even used to live very close to a Kmart before it went out of business.

Wow. I'm in a snooty area. If anyone knows of these stores and I've just missed them, please fill me in.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's a Big Lots in the area (AlphaRoswelletta) I haven't seen it yet either... and I've been "on the north side" for 3 years.

I think you have to go to Smyrna or Duluth.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

There's a dollar tree in the Publix shopping center at shallowford and Childers road, just near johnson ferry. It's not quite in Cobb Co.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to know where a K-Mart is around this area.

Big Lots rocks!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a goodwill on Alpharetta Hwy. I don't remember what it's near, but I do remember passing it on my way to 120.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home